Saturday, May 23, 2015

Something for my presentation




Well, today I would like to talk about the topic I chose  for my oral presentation. It is has to be related to something according my career. I am studying Anthropology. Under my point of view, in this area there are many things I would think are very interesting for everybody, but I decide to talk about a thing that particularly caught my attention during my classes, The Kula.
The Kula is a ceremonial exchange made between people who lives in Trobriand Islands. The first time I heard of it, was while I was reading a text called Argonauts of the Western Pacific (1922) by Bronislaw Malinowski (an anthropologist who documented the exchange)  for one of my classes. The Kula exchange consist of two elements that go through different villages, a necklace( called soulava) and a bracelets(mwali), in different ways, depending on which corresponds to each.
My presentation will be like this: Probably I will start talking about how I know the Kula, say how this information came to us and who wrote it. Then I will explain how it works and dwell on it.
For me, the interest thing about the Kula consist of the way that it works, how societies that are participating on it are formed and respond to social patterns dictated by this exchange, how relationships between people are generated from this. I think it would be interesting for my Anthropology mates, and for everyone in the class who is interested in relationships in general.

7 comments:

  1. Kula is the most funny of the first semester :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic! I remembered my anthropology classes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luna! It´s a very interesting topic! I´m curious! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kula is the real gift >,< is a great topic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sebagai situs dadu online terpercaya kami selalu memberikan pelayanan terbaik bagi member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sebagai kiu kiu online terpercaya kami selalu memberikan pelayanan terbaik bagi member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sebagai situs dadu online : https://hospitalisjkt.com terpercaya kami selalu memberikan pelayanan terbaik bagi member.

    ReplyDelete